RNC 8+1

Apparently the Ramsay County prosecutors are pressing charges against 8 "anarchists" who organized the protests at the RNC convention in Minneapolis Minnesota. They are getting charged with "conspiracy to riot in furtherance of terrorism. A ninth person is about to be charged. It will be the first time US born people are targeted by the repressive Patriot Act laws. It will be the first time in Minnesota anyone has been charged for a crime like this since 1918 when IWW organizers worked up in the Mesabi Iron Range. Even the Minneapolis ten in WWII were only being charged with "sedition". There is a blackout in the press of the three dominant liberal/left publications where they are not speaking about this at all. People are believing the lies the police are saying about the violence and going to go along with it in the name of democracy and order and wagging their fingers at protesters for damaging property after the police started firing concussion grenades at protesters before the march where the only property damage had even started. The property damage could've been done by police or just by young men angry about getting shot at. Protests in the US are going to get more violent and bloody in the future, it's not just an overreaction, that's how the police are going to start treating protests here. Over 400 were arrested, probably over 800 in all including the Democratic Party convention arrests in Denver. Bail for the protesters in Minneapolis ranges from $2000 for the hundreds arrested, to $10,000 dollars a piece for the "RNC 8". People were being beaten, gassed, electro-tortured with taser weapons, concussion grenades, flash grenades, and at least two kinds of gas weapons pepper and tear gas agents -- all of them even used on people who had already been arrested. There is footage of teenage girls getting thrown on the ground and stepped on by cops for drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, elderly people getting beaten and arrested and everyone in between. There are clips on You Tube that give a pretty good idea of the main events during both protests. If I hadn't been so broke I would've been there myself.

Forum: 

many thanks for your report Pantaloons.